Home | About Us | Fertility Journey | NICU Stay | Letters to the Babies

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Happy Fall, Yall!

There are a lot of things I love about being a mom. Sleep smiles, for one. They are the cutest. Chub rolls on baby legs, too. Bathtimes are SO fun. And I love the way their heads fit in the crook of my neck when we snuggle.

Like I said, I really really love being a mom.

But I think what my favorite thing about being a mom is all the "firsts" I get with my babies. And ok, so maybe they're only six months old. And maybe adjusted they're really only closer to three-month-olds, so they really won't remember any of these "firsts". And maybe I love them so much because I missed out on so many firsts in the NICU. But truth is, I LOVE doing things with the babies that they have never done before. Even if it is something I've been doing for years, it is SO FUN to see it through a mother's eyes for the first time.

Now that Fall is here, and the holidays are just around the corner, our "firsts" are about to go into overdrive and I cannot wait! We kicked off the season with...


A visit to the pumpkin patch!!! We dressed in our fall finest, we ate boiled peanuts and cheap hotdogs (ok, Chris and I ate boiled peanuts and cheap hotdogs), we looked at the scarecrows, we picked out pumpkins! We didn't stay long because it was kind of chilly, but we had so much fun regardless. I can't wait to carve our pumpkins!


PS - How cute would these pictures be in a MixBook photobook? So cute. My dear friend Whitney is giving one away at her blog, We're Making History! I entered to win... you should go visit and enter, too! (Ok maybe not enter, because then that would lessen my chances of winning. But DO go visit Whit, she's awesome and she has really cute dogs and a really cute fiance!)

2 comments:

  1. That family photo seriously just completely my life. I'm in love. Oh, and the Audrey tutu? TOO STINKING CUTE TO HANDLE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We appreciate your kind words!