Home | About Us | Fertility Journey | NICU Stay | Letters to the Babies

Thursday, June 2, 2011

These Days

We've been busy around here! There have been lots and lots of new things going on, plus I have lots of back-logged stuff to tell you about. Let's catch up, shall we?

-We had our March of Dimes walk on May 7. I raised around $350 which isn't much, but I started only a week before so I was pretty darn proud! I had some wonderful friends walk with me and we saw a lot of our nurses there too. It was awesome to hear so many NICU success stories and so fufilling do be proactive about supporting my babies. I can't wait to really get involved with next year's walk!




-I had my very first Mother's Day and Chris and the nurses made it SO special. I got breakfast in bed, some gorgeous flowers, cards from Chris, the babies AND the dogs, and charms for my Pandora bracelet. Chris got me a charm with the babies' birthstone, and when I went to visit the babies they both had charms for me too (a little girl charm from Audrey and a little boy charm from Grayson). Chris even had one of the nurses take some awesome pictures of the surprise!




-I went back to work to finish out the three and a half weeks that were left in the school year. It was bittersweet, and that's all I'll say about it (because, you know, writing unflattering things about people on the internet makes it public). My school friends managed to sqeeze out a little time to throw me the most wonderful shower though!




Annnnd here we are! It's June now, which means I can officially say "the babies will be home by next month" which is kind of exciting (and by "kind of" I mean OHMYGOODNESSEXCITING). Stay tuned for a big update about all the baby progress going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We appreciate your kind words!