Home | About Us | Fertility Journey | NICU Stay | Letters to the Babies

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Three Months!


Check out our new digs - we've graduated to the feeder/grower room!

To my sweet, sweet babies-

It's been 3 months since you've come into my life. How has it been 3 months already?!? That is a quarter of a year - you are 1/4th of the way to 1 and that blows my mind. My time with you is flying by and you both are growing so fast!



Audrey, my little Sassy girl. Your personality is SO big and your cheeks are even bigger! You weighed 1 pound 5 ounces when you were born, and as of yesterday you weigh 5 pounds 7 ounces. You still love your daddy more than anything and you eat like a champ. The nurses try to keep you to a schedule but you're on your own time now, and most of that time is awake time. You're alert a lot more often and I absolutely cherish our "girl talk" time. I tell you all about the world and you stare at me with those HUGE eyes and make the best faces and I love it so much.



My handsome little Grayson. You are such a ladies man! The nurses all love to snuggle you and you love them all right back. You got your daddy's sleeping habits, which is to say you sleep a LOT and again, I hope you keep it up once you get home. You're a very serious baby and when you're awake you always look around like you are trying SO hard to understand the world around you, and I love the faces you give me when I'm talking to you. You have just about outgrown your preemie sized clothes (ok, you have totally outgrown them but I'm determined to get at least one wear out of everything) and you now weigh 5 pounds 10 ounces!

I love you two so very very much. Every night I go to bed thinking that there is no way possible that I could ever love you more, and every morning I wake up and that love has grown tremedously. You two are the most amazing babies.

All the way to the moon and back-
Your mama

3 comments:

  1. Jessica, you're such a talented writer. Thank-you for sharing this part of your life with us. It is such an encouragement!
    Love,
    Mrs. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, I absolutely love reading your blog. It is just precious. Thank you for sharing it. I look forward to the updates.

    BB

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, Jessica,
    our mutual friend Brittany sent me here. i've gone back and read all your blog entries and have been wanting to leave you a note for a while, but didn't quite know what to say. we're a NICU family, too, and all your blogs are a reminder of our own journey and how very, very fortunate we are to have our sweet baby girl home and healthy now. basically, i just wanted to say that we're praying for you. the twins' weight gain is amazing and their progress is beautiful to watch. much love and many prayers for you and your precious family.
    sarah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We appreciate your kind words!