Home | About Us | Fertility Journey | NICU Stay | Letters to the Babies

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

9 to 5

Well, more like 7 to 3 since I'm a teacher, but you get the idea.

I'm going back to work tomorrow.

I had my six week post partum appointment today - which was oddly hard and emotional - but they officially cleared me to go back to work. So back I go.

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I'm kind of glad. It'll get me out of the house, back around people, give me a sense of purpose (because OMG being a NICU mom can sometimes make you feel so helpless). On the other hand though, it almost feels like I'm leaving my babies. I mean, I leave them every day, multiple times a day, but this seems so much more. My NICU time will be cut almost in half (although some may say that's not a bad thing) and, realistically, I'll only make two touchtimes, three at the most. I feel like I'm going to miss so much! Thank goodness for nurses who don't mind crazy mamas calling all day long.

Lucky for me, with the whole teacher thing it will only be for three weeks. I can do three weeks. Besides, like Chris likes to tell me... we have the best babysitters in the whole world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We appreciate your kind words!